Safeguarding – COVID-19
How to contact key Safeguarding staff during the Easter holiday:
If you have urgent concerns about the safety of a young person, you can contact the Cambridgeshire Safeguarding and Child Protection team on 0345 045 5203 (8 – 6pm Monday to Friday) or 01733 234 724 (out of hours), or contact the police on 999.
Questions and answers
Q. How can I look after my wellbeing if I’m self-isolating?
You can visit https://www.mind.org.uk/ for guidance on how to look after your mental wellbeing whilst self-isolating.
Visit https://www.kooth.com/ for free, safe and anonymous online support for young people.
Visit www.keep-your-head.com/cyp Cambridgeshire and Peterborough C&YP Mental Health
You can download some apps to help:
- Calm Harm— Reduce urges to self-harm and manage emotions
- Cove— Create music to reflect on how you feel
- Chill Panda—Use breathing techniques to help you relax more.
- Catch it—Learn to manage negative thoughts
- SilverCloud—Course to help you manage stress, anxiety and depression
Q. What do I do if I need support right away?
There are a number of helplines to contact if you need crisis support:
- Childline—0800 1111 available 24/7
- The Samaritans—116 123 available 24/7
- Young Minds—Text YM to 85258 for text support available 24/7
- Papyrus—have a HOPELINE for suicide prevention 0800 068 4141 available 10am-10pm weekdays and 2pm-10pm on weekends.
- If you need emergency support always contact NHS 111 Option 2